What I offer for nonprofits
No cookie cutter approach. I'll start poking and prodding after you've talked for an hour or so, and you'll be stuck in my mind. We'll be colleagues (if you'd like) forever.
To be concrete though, I can offer you a range of services based on a lot of decades spending time with different types of issues.
Affordable, tried-and-true, and tailored to your needs, for five people or 150. Topics from bequests and communications to getting donors to open your annual appeal letter.
For the big picture
- Strategic thinking for a single department or your whole nonprofit. We’ll look together for that clear mission you’ve always wanted. I can be your facilitator, analyst, interviewer, and/or synthesizer.
- Design the action plan. Whether connected to a strategic plan or just a single project, you should always plot a path from "here" to "there". I'm happy to convene, provoke, facilitate, or suggest.
- Board retreats. The Board and senior staff need an opportunity every year or two to tackle big issues, revisit the mission, and/or recharge your enthusiasm. We'll develop a process and agenda that engages everyone in meaningful, direct discussion.
- Helping you establish a bequest program in an affordable, meaningful way
- Introducing the concept of "donor centrism"
For your communications
- A full-fledged Communications Audit to assess your nonprofit’s capacity to identify and talk to your essential audiences. We’ll look at everything from your website and signage to how often you call your top givers. The audit reviews six areas in detail (publications, electronics, media, advertising/direct mail, word of mouth, and institutional commitment).
- Social media support, from your website to your eblasts.
- How to work with the traditional media. I can help you understand the basics or to execute a press strategy. One hint? Never do press conferences; throw a party instead.